Badcat (triptogn) wrote,

It's July and I'm a Horrible Blogger

If you think this blog is neglected, you should see my devgamer blog. I make money off of that one and I can't be bothered.

Our lives in Duvall are pretty boring, to be honest. There is an event in our little town yearly called "Duvall Days" which they are renaming to the "Country Living Festival". Apparently, I'm just getting the memo that I've been "Country Living" for the past year.

Granted, its nice, quiet and its a bit off the beaten path, but I think its pretty nice out there. Its nice in that Astoria, Oregon "Goonies" kind of way. You could imagine being a kid and getting into trouble out there.

Work has been great in general. We will be announcing our game within a few weeks it looks like, which means I'll finally be able to talk about what I've been doing for the past year. I've been responsible for stuff, I never thought I would be put in charge of, and it's been a weird experience for me. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks, but along with it comes some stress because we are going to be having professional gamers coming out to play our title, the game is being announced, and other stuff is coming up next month in regards to it that I can't say yet. It's all adding up to a bunch of AAAAAAAaaaaaahhhh!!!

The plan this year was to go on a vacation to the Harry Potter theme park, but that kind of went out the window when multiple summertime weddings popped up that we had to go to. Unfortunately for us the weddings were back to back in California, so it was a huge pain in the ass to go to them.

The first wedding was in San Diego, so we got a friend to look after our dogs and flew out for the weekend. It ended up being a whirlwind trip of visiting disneyland, going to a wedding and barely seeing any friends. By the end of it we were exhausted, especially me because we flew back to Seattle at 6am and I had to be at work that day by 10am.

The following weekend was my little sister's wedding, so we chose to save some money and drive to Fresno, which comes out to about 16 or 17 hours of driving if you generally obey the speed limit (which we obey.... generally...) The drive for the most part, was a lesson in misery. We left Thursday night right after we got off work, and I ended up driving that night until about 3:30 am. We woke up at 9:30 am and started up again, arriving at my dad's in Lemoore at around 8pm. I ended up missing the wedding rehearsal and dinner because of it.

The wedding went well, but it was weird. I didn't meet my new brother-in-law untill after they got hitched for example. Also, my sister's best friend Bonnie, happens to be my first ex girlfriend, to whom I have not spoken since the day she dumped me. Apparently she went on to marry a guy named Steve, and it was weird and awkward talking to her.

Anyways. That weekend was brutal, it was awkward and tiring. Sunday that weekend we had to do the entire 17 hour drive in one sitting so I could be at work on Monday.

In other news, I bought a new car. I've been wanting an all wheel drive car ever since we first moved up here due to how scary it was to drive my mazda 3 in the awful snowy weather. Kelly's XB doesn't do that much better, but she at least has anti lock brakes. Back when I bought the 3 anti lock brakes were an option, and I lived in So Cal where it barely ever rains. Anyways, I bought a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. Its kind of a fast car with great traction, so I got something fun at the same time. Its been interesting having what one would call a "nice" car in terms of being a sedan with sports tendancies.

Looks like I have a bug triage meeting. Gotta go
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment